When you have a nagging, irritating cough, carrying around a bottle of cough syrup can be inconvenient and impractical. It is not something you can whip out during a meeting or swig in the car. Then there is the ever-present danger of the bottle leaking, or worse yet, breaking, leaving the contents of your handbag a sticky mess.
Bronchostop Cough Pastilles are a travel-friendly cough solution in a and convenient pastille format. The pastille (soft lozenge) has a wine gum-like texture that slowly dissolves in the mouth to provide on the go cough relief1,2.
Bronchostop Cough Pastilles contain the natural ingredients marshmallow root dry extract and thyme herb extract that help relieve any cough whether its dry and tickly or wet, chesty, and phlegmy 1.
The marshmallow root extract creates a protective coating on the throat to help relieve cough irritation, soothe inflammation, and reduce the urge to cough1,3-5 while the thyme herb extract helps to thin mucus associated with a wet cough which means it is easier to cough up or remove mucus from lungs1,3.
While a nagging persistent cough is all too common and can be caused by anything from a virus to a postnasal drip6, a box of pastilles at home, at work and in your bag can provide relief when needed.
Some consumers who have used Bronchostop® Pastilles have had this to say7:
“Was very effective in controlling persistent cough and dryness in the throat”.
“It is so easy and convenient to carry around with you. It is also just as effective as the syrup”.
“Experienced relief quite quickly after taking it”.
DISCLAIMER: This editorial has been commissioned and brought to you by iNova Pharmaceuticals. Content in this editorial is for general information only and is not intended to provide medical or other professional advice.
Scheduling Status: S0 Proprietary name (and dosage form): Pholtex Bronchostop® Cough Pastilles. Composition: Each pastille contains: 51.1 mg Thyme herb extract and 4.5 mg Marshmallow root dry extract. Pharmacological Classification: Complementary Medicine: Discipline Specific Traditional Claims D33.6 Western Herbal Medicine. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for their quality, safety or intended use. For full prescribing information, refer to the individual professional information. Further information is available on request from iNova Pharmaceuticals.
Name and business address of applicant: iNova Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Limited. Co. Reg. No.1952/001640/07, 15E Riley Road, Bedfordview. Tel. No. 011 087 0000. www.inovapharma.co.za. Further information is available on request from iNova Pharmaceuticals. For more information, speak to your healthcare professional. IN4116/21
- Pholtex Bronchostop® Cough Pastilles professional information, September 2019.
- Science Direct -Pastilles (2017) at https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/pastille (website accessed on 10 February 2021)
- Capasso F. et al. Phytotherapy. Chapter 18 – Plants and the respiratory System. Springer Science & Business Media, 2003.
- Al-Snafi AE. The Pharmaceutical Importance of Althaea officinalis and Althaea rosea: A Review. International Journal of PharmTech Research 2013;5(3):1378-1385.
- WHO Herbal monographs Volume 2 – Role of the WHO monographs on selected medicinal plants.
- Why you cough? (2020) at https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/overview (website accessed on 10 February 2021)
- Home Tester Club Product Reviews (2020) at https://www.hometesterclub.com/za/en/reviews/pholtex-bronchostop-cough-syrup-cough-pastilles (website accessed on 17 February 2021)